horizontal or vertical tire machine?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: horizontal or vertical tire machine?
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 10:39:49 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

What're the benefits/drawbacks to a horizontal vs. vertical tire machine?
Say something like this:

http://www.gesforless.com/product_info.isg?products_id=243

vs.

http://www.gesforless.com/product_info.isg?products_id=478

Seems like I see more of the vertical ones these days, but perhaps that's
just due to it needing less shop space?  On the surface, it sure does
seems like it'd be faster to have the bead breaker integrated like that...

I'm primarily interested in hard to mount tires btw... Race tires, low
profile, up to 18" wheels, etc.

I'm not in the market to replace my current vertical machine yet, but may
be in a year or so.  Mostly I was just wondering what folks thought.

Mark