Re: Wheel Balancers/Mounters

To: eric@megageek.com
Subject: Re: Wheel Balancers/Mounters
From: David Scheidt <dmschei@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 02:37:34 -0500
>I started looking for a GOOD wheel Balance and Mounting machine(s) (do
>they make one that does both?)  I was hoping to get the price under a
>grand.  I wanted a machine that can do motorcycle tires and cars tires (If
>I have to buy an extra adapter, that's fine)  It will be used
>occasionally.  (A group of friends will be going in on it together.)

I've never seen a combined balancer and changer.  They might exist,
but I sort of doubt it.  Can't really do it on the same turntable,
and sticking the balancer on the side wouldn't really save much
space, and would keep the shop from mounting and balancing at the
same time.

>Ebay seems to have a few of them for not a lot.  Any brands to watch out
>for?
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Also, on the low budget end, has anyone used this...
>
>http://www.gesforless.com/product_info.isg?products_id=383
>
>And this...
>
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43998&item=2428862795

I've found manual tire changers not really much more useful than a
pair of tire levers.  Half an hour of work, and I'm carting the wheel
off to the tire shop.