Wood shingles

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wood shingles
From: "Larry" <list@marketvalue.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 06:30:01 -0600
I suppose this technically is not a 'shop talk' issue, unless you
consider that my garage has wood shingles.  This group seems to have a
wealth of information, I'm sure that someone will have my answer.

I need to do some roof 'patching'.  With a wooden (cedar) shake roof
there is a need to replace random shingles from time to time.  That time
has come again.  Previously I have just slid in a shingle in place and
used an adhesive to hold it.  I'm not sure if this technique is the
preferred method.

Does anyone have any experience with this, and suggestions as to how you
attach the shingle?

Larry Hoy