Re: Oil drain pan that doesn't suck?

To: "David Scheidt" <dmschei@attglobal.net>,
Subject: Re: Oil drain pan that doesn't suck?
From: "Karl Vacek" <KVacek@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 18:37:33 -0500
I somehow missed the beginning of this thread, so pardon me if this isn't an
appropriate reply.  I've had a few of the plastic Jerry-can type drain pans
over the years, and of course they all are a pain since you have to wipe off
the pan portion before you eventually pour them out or even to store the can
upright.  Nonetheless, I currently use a round Blitz brand drain
pan/reservoir of that same type.  It's very thick and durable, and when the
screw plug became damaged I called them and they sent me a handful of new
ones, no charge.  Nothing special about the can, just a quality product from
a company with laudable customer service.

> >I suppose I could go back to an ordinary drain pan and pour the oil into
an
> >old antifreeze container for transport, but I was hoping to avoid that.

Karl Vacek
'46 Piper J3-C65 Cub
'16 Ford Model T Touring
'64 Amphicar