Re: Parts Washers (was: Parts cleaner solvent opinions)

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Parts Washers (was: Parts cleaner solvent opinions)
From: Richard Beels <beels@technologist.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 00:23:47 -0400
What I did was re-thread it to fit a copper adaptor I had laying
around.  Which I then threaded into a ball valve with a downspout to
perfectly fit a 5 gallon plastic kerosene container (like a gas-can but
yellow instead of red).  Makes disposing of fluids soooo easy....

At 07/23/2003 at 19:22, Shakespearean monkeys danced on Wayne Farrington's
keyboard and said:

>I bought a parts washer from Enco. I think it is probably the same one as HF
>or close to it. As has been previously mentioned the on/off switch is
>terribly fragile. My unit has a drain plug in the bottom for fluid changes
>etc. I thought this would be a handy feature. It probably would be if it
>didn't continually leak all over the place. I've tried replacing the washer,
>tightening the drain plug etc. Nothing works, it continues to leak at a slow
>steady rate. Once all the fluid has leaked out I'm going to turn it over and
>weld up the hole. Very frustrating. In retrospect I would try to find a half
>way decent quality washer. But at the time I figured "how bad can a cheap
>washer be, there is not that much to it". Yeah right. Once again I find
>myself regretting trying to save a buck on tools..........
>
>Wayne

Cheers!