Re: Garage flooring option

To: Michael Lye <mlye@risd.edu>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Garage flooring option
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 12:48:38 -0700
At 01:36 PM 6/18/2003 -0400, Michael Lye wrote:

>Those of you looking for alternatives for garage floors might want to
>check out
>http://www.selectechinc.com and look at their SelecTile. I recently

  Interesting site, I wish they had pictures of a finished floor to see
it.  Looks like they are just starting out.

   One item to note, if you get a nice floor in the garage don't clean it
too often or the wife will yell at you "How come you clean the garage floor
more often than the kitchen floor ?"  And if she asks don't answer "Well I
sit or lay down on this floor while working on the car, I don't do that in
the kitchen"  That answer gets the comment that she is going to rip out the
cabinets and start cooking on the floor and it just downhill from there.

   I am beginning to believe these plastic tiles are the way to go, I have
had mine about 2 months now and I still like them.  A friend about 6 months
ago epoxied his floor and some of it came up due to moisture he was
told.   Plus several places he scratched through the epoxy.  Overall the
epoxy still looks very much better than the original dirty concrete but
these plastic tiles are appearing to be very durable and good
looking.  There are quite a few manufacturers out there, stay away from the
one with "slots" in them, they are a great idea when you think of drainage
and spills but that awfully small spring from the carburetor will find that
slot and disappear.

         Mike

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing and  ~~~ .oooO  Oooo.  ~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                                   (    )  (     )
Bug Writer er...Programmer                \   )   (   /
      mikey@b2systems.com                  \_)  (_/