painting project

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: painting project
From: JNiolon@uss.com
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 10:52:42 -0500
      next project...   repainting the woodwork... starting in the hall...
done most of the trim using industrial grade enamel... shiny white... goes
on like a dream... dries like glass...  now the problem  there are 11 doors
into this hall that have to be painted...

I've got an old (10 year old)  Wagner power painter...  (airless paint
spitter)  .  I've painted some shutters and some fencing... but never
anything that needed a fine coat of paint..  the doors are six panel with a
stamped in wood finish.  Does anyone know if you can get a decent
coat/finish using one of these on doors... seem like I remember them
putting out a heavy coat, but finish left something to be desired...  with
22 door sides I hate to consider a brush...   suggestions ???   can /should
good oil base enamel be thinned to push thru the Wagner or should I use a
regular air gun ???   any suggestions/recommendations would be
appreciated... I think this is only the tip of the painting iceberg at my
house...

thanks

john

nothing is fool proof to a sufficiently talented and motivated fool