Re: old cub cadet tractor

To: JNiolon@uss.com
Subject: Re: old cub cadet tractor
From: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 07:21:54 -0700
On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 07:12:38AM -0500, JNiolon@uss.com wrote:

> in the league with the old 1250. The tractor and deck are in good shape for
> a 20 year old mower but the engine is smoking terribly?

> My question?. What to do with this good old mower ???

Why don't you rebuild the motor?  Or at least figure out
what is making it smoke.
It could be something simple. Even if it's a poor ring or
valve seal, you can usually take care of that at home
(i.e. hone the cylindr and put in new rings, lap the valves, etc).

BTW I think that Cub Cadets are popular small tractors.
I think there is a small tractor group on Yahoo.

Eric