Re: this nitemare motor

To: Steve Shipley <shiples@attbi.com>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: this nitemare motor
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 21:32:48 -0700
At 06:17 PM 5/10/2003 -0700, Steve Shipley wrote:
>Eeek!  I guess this story had a happy ending but it freaked me out. A
>mechanical failure at 36K?  I'm ready to buy a new car/truck and intend

   Yes, I guess its a happy ending if you consider me paying $200 to get it
fixed at 36,435 miles (or 3 years 4 months)  but considering the
potential  cost, I am very happy with the "deal" the dealer made me.

>manufacturer being responsible for failures affecting the emissions
>system up to 50 thousand miles?

   I don't know about others but GMC is 7 years, 70,000 miles for emissions
only, its also 5 years for the computer.  Everything else is 3 year, 36,000
miles.

   By the way overall, I have been very happy with my truck.  It has had 2
brake recalls and one airbag recall, all 3 were quick and easy things to
fix, an hour in the shop each time.  The only real problem I have had was a
worn out tie-rod, that was fixed no problem under warranty.  But I went
over 36,000 miles sometime on Sunday, paid the truck off on Tuesday and
found the problem on Thursday, have to admit GMC really planned it well :)

         mike
p.s. anyway back to shop talk, I got the rear axle assembled on my Singer
today, she is on all 4-wheels for the first time since I have owned it. Now
to the rest of the car.

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing and  ~~~ .oooO  Oooo.  ~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                                   (    )  (     )
Bug Writer er...Programmer                \   )   (   /
      mikey@b2systems.com                  \_)  (_/