RE: Mandrel Bent Tubing

To: "'Larry Hoy'" <list@marketvalue.net>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Mandrel Bent Tubing
From: "Mitchell, Doug (D.B.)" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 10:27:02 -0400
Larry,

I am not suggesting that Paul cannot build his own roll cage.
What I am saying is not to go cheap on the cage. It is one
of the few things that should be built to exceed the specs.

I am sorry if I misunderstood what Paul was asking. I read
that he wanted to build a cheap roll cage, perhaps it would
have been better to refer to an less expensive way to build
a roll cage.

I've seen my share of rollovers and t-bone impacts. Several
of the cars had cages that met the basic specs, but were still
crushed under the stresses.

Regards,

Doug