RE: Chuck key for chinese 3/4" drill chuck?

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Chuck key for chinese 3/4" drill chuck?
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 09:09:07 -0700
> The chuck I have uses the same key as the one on this drillpress:
> http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=39955
>
> But Harbor Freight doesn't seem to sell just the key...

Did you try contacting their customer service department, and ordering a
replacement key for their drill press ?  They carry (or can get) many
service parts that are not listed in the catalogs.  You may have to go look
at an actual drill press & copy the numbers from it, they don't go by the
catalog number when ordering parts since sometimes they sell different units
under the same catalog number (and the same unit under different catalog
numbers).
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/cs.taf

There are lots more than 4 standard keys around, MMC has some 17 of them
listed.
Randall