Garage flooring

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Garage flooring
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2003 00:01:31 -0800
    I have a friend who does not work in his garage that is moving to
another state.  He has offered me at a very affordable price  his garage
flooring.  It sure looks good and would be way more cool than paint like
Griotts paint but its not smooth.

   What they are is racedeck floor tiles ( http://www.racedeck.com ) and
they have a diamond thread pattern on them, its not as high as a steel
plate diamond thread but still not smooth and I am concerned about things
like not being able to roll or move things like a tranny jack with a tranny
on it.  I took a few tiles and I was able to move my floor jack around but
it didn't have a lot of weight on it and my tool chest rolled easier than I
thought it would on them but it was still not as easy as smooth
concrete.  I also didn't try things like using my grinder and spraying hot
metal shaving all over them.  I am told it would not hurt them and even
welding splatter would only discolor slightly.  I talked with a Sales Rep
who said of course said "no problem in a garage"

   As I said my friend never used his garage as a place to work on his car,
merely to show off his car and he is willing to almost give them to me.  He
has several colors since he had a pattern but my garage is much smaller so
I would be able to get a Black/White/Grey checkerboard with some Red thrown
in, I think it would look cool and would have some tiles left over to do
something with, maybe a section of the patio by the spa :)

   Anyway, has anyone used these tiles or have any suggestions ?

        mike

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing and  ~~~ .oooO  Oooo.  ~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                                   (    )  (     )
Bug Writer er...Programmer                \   )   (   /
      mikey@b2systems.com                  \_)  (_/