Trailer Wiring.

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Trailer Wiring.
From: "Tony Vaccaro" <tvacc@lotusowners.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 20:21:14 -0400
As long as we are talking about trailers.

I just am setting up a 97 Suburban that I bought to tow with.  I  bought the
new Prodigy brake controller...and I am going to pick up a trailex enclosed
trailer with a winch...never had one of those before.

My question is:

I started by using 12 guage wire for the electric brake line...as well as
for the ground..

While searching the internet to see how to hook up the standard 7 prong
plug...I see that some are reccommending using a 10 guage for both the aux
line and the spare line with a 10 gauge ground...

I can do this..I just have to run several more wires...

What do you all think of this...and where do you think the winch runs off
of..I am thinking that it runs off the prong located at 1:30 on the
connector as you look at the connector on the truck..

How you are supposed to hook it up is...  9 o clock is left turn...3 oclock
right turn...
4:30 is the trailer brakes.... 10:30 is the running lights...center is the
spare (often used for trailer or backup lights...and 7:30 is the ground.

Tony Vaccaro
http://www.lotusowners.com
http://www.drivingclothes.com

To unsubscribe from this mailing or to request you no longer wish to receive
email from this address please email unsubscribe@lotusowners.com