Broken tap update / Punch/Chisel Manufacturers?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Broken tap update / Punch/Chisel Manufacturers?
From: nicholas harteau <nrh@ikami.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 22:34:18 -0600
Well, I took the piece to the local machine shop, and they wouldn't
touch it.  Too much (expensive) glass in the way to have a shot at it.
What I ended up doing was drilling through the back of the piece and
hammering (for a very long time) the broken tap bits back out the front.

I managed to destroy a good portion of my punch set in the process.  Any
suggestions for good punch/chisel mfgrs?  The India/DASCO sets I've been
using have not stood up well to my abuse.

--
nicholas harteau
nrh@ikami.com