Re: [spam score 5/10 -pobox] stainless steel sink

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [spam score 5/10 -pobox] stainless steel sink
From: Shannah Miller <shannah@pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 08:18:16 -0800
Eric@megageek.com wrote:
> I'm installing a stainless steel sink in the shop.  It's from the kitchen
> and has seen alot of use.
>
> Is there an easy way to clean these things up?  It shows years of year and
> I was wondering if I could clean it up before installing it.
>
> TIA

If you're talking about dents and dings, then I don't know.

On the other hand, if you're talking about it being dull
and/or discolored, my suggestion is to use SoftScrub with
Bleach on a sponge and scrub in the direction of the
faint pattern.  Regular cleansing powder seems to make
the finish dull.  I know it's supposed to be a satin
finish, and not shiny, but when I tried Comet, it was
just too harsh.

The SoftScrub was just abrasive enough to remove stains
and polish it to it's usual satin finish.

Shannah

--
Shannah Miller  --  Hate Spam?
Visit http://www.spamcon.org/