Re: stainless steel sink

To: Eric@megageek.com, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: stainless steel sink
From: JNiolon@uss.com
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 06:35:48 -0600
I'd clean it very well with a mild abrasive like soft-scrub.. then try a
commercial SS cleaner..  spray it down and let it sit for an hour or so...
then if you aren't happy with the finish, start on the polish and buff...
maybe some 600 grit all over then on down to 1200 then buff it out with
some good metal polish..

depending on the time you want to commit and the finish you'll be happy
with it, could take 15 minutes or a week.. but there isn't anything to
prevent a mirror finish but your rotator cuff.    The majority of it could
be done mechanically..

We bought a used three hold commercial sink for my wifes business..  I went
over the whole thing with some 600 grit then down to 1200...  and stopped
there, it's being used to wash cake pans and gets scratched by the pans
every day so she was happy...  I'll occasionally go over the backsplash and
the front rim to make it look a little better for her..

hope it helps
John

I've never completely understood anything !!!