Re: Air tank

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>, <list@marketvalue.net>
Subject: Re: Air tank
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 11:50:23 -0500
Everyone else already addressed the use issues.  I might mention that
your local WalMart and such will take the old tanks as the trade-in on
the new tanks on a swap basis.  Might charge you a dollar or two if you
come in with the old style valves, or might not.  But the tank itself is
unchanged.

>>> "Larry Hoy" <list@marketvalue.net> 12/17/02 07:07PM >>>
You all probably know that the 'home' BBQ grill style 20# propane
tanks
need to have new valves fitted.  My local welding shop won't fill the
old ones and won't put in new valves.  They offered to give me as many
of the old style tanks I want.  These aren't necessarily old, as in
out
dated or damaged, just tanks with the old style valves.

That got me to thinking....

What does the group think about using a 20# propane tank as a vessel
carry compressed air to the race track?  Maybe 100lbs pressure.