Floor jacks

To: shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Floor jacks
From: Bill Gilroy <w.gilroy@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 16:41:46 -0500
I am in the market for a second floor jack.   I don't want some piece
of crap that leaks hydraulic oil all over the floor after 10 uses. I
also don't really need a very large floor jack since I already have
one of them.  With that said I have been looking at a Compac (brand
name) floor jack.  They are a Danish company and their web site is
http://www.compac.dk/  Any idea how I find a retailer of their product
line here in the US?  I have hear good things about these jack from a
tire shop that uses one day in and day out.  They think the Linclons
are crap since they went off shore starting with the 2 piece handle.
I have tried their contact page but have not heard anything.  I would
like to get an idea on prices.   The main use is for rotating tires
and jacking up small cars.

--
Best regards,
 Bill                          mailto:w.gilroy@verizon.net