Re: Cleaning oil off concrete

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net (Shop Talk)
Subject: Re: Cleaning oil off concrete
From: Bill Rabel <brabel@dlux.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 09:14:02 -0800
> Any recommendations on how to clean a long trail of Mobil One 1550
> off concrete pavers?

Amazing but true: You can douse the spots with gasoline, scrub them
with a brush, and then cover the spots with oil-dry (kitty litter) for
a few days. One or two treatments will really do an amazing job. I've
always used this technique inside the garage, so you'd either have to
have a spell of dry weather or divert water from these areas and cover
them during cleaning. I've also used a product called Oil-Eater, which
is designed for the same purpose, and you use absorbing granules to
suck up the stain.

- Bill Rabel
   Wet Spot Garage
   (I used to own a Healey, hence my garage's moniker)