Re: two birds.

To: eric@megageek.com
Subject: Re: two birds.
From: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 10:47:34 -0800
On Sun, Nov 03, 2002 at 11:27:11AM -0500, eric@megageek.com wrote:

> Why not cut some holes in this tank and make it an outdoor "fireplace".
> Then I can just pull boards off the barn and throw it in the tank and burn
> it.  Much cheaper and much more efficient.  (and since it's enclosed
> fireplace, there is no permit needed)

How long do you think it'll take to burn 100 yards of wood?
5 years?  10?

If the wood is not rotted, you can sell it to someone who
peddles old barn wood.  I had a couple contractors
look at the old barn on my land, and they both said
that they couldn't save it but they'd take it down for the wood
and sell it.

(we wound up getting a neighbor to do the construction work needed
to prop it up and re-roof it)

Depending on the wood and where you are, there could be
significant amount of $$ in it.

Also, around here there is a place that will take all the clean
old non pressure treated wood you can give them... they chip it
for mulch.  Rotted is ok, nails are ok, chemicals aren't.

Eric