Re: sidebar on ratchets -- onboard air compressor

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: sidebar on ratchets -- onboard air compressor
From: "Steve Dillen" <sdillen@telus.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 13:55:27 -0700
To solve the problem of trying to use my air tools remotely from the shop, I
added onboard air to my pickup.  Kind of a neat weekend project, and really
useful. . .

I picked up an A/C compressor from a junk yard that has an actual crankcase
so an oiler isn't needed, and plumbed that in to a truck air-brake tank (8"
x 30") which I mounted under the bed of my Ranger.  It takes about 2 minutes
to run the tank up to 125 psi, and with a couple of 25' coil hoses I can
reach whatever I'm after.

Steve Dillen
-- finishing moving to the new house this week. . .then starting building
the new shop. . .