Re: Screwdrivers

To: Rush <jdrush@enter.net>
Subject: Re: Screwdrivers
From: Scott Hall <sch8489@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 23:11:07 -0400 (EDT)
On Sat, 7 Sep 2002, Rush wrote:

> I've got a toolbox full of Craftsman hand tools and they have served me
> well with one exception, the screwdrivers. Even their Professional line
> have weak tips and un-ergonomic handles. Without paying Snap-On prices,
> who makes Snap-On or near Snap-on quality screwdrivers with ergonomic
> handles?

facom.  nothing better anywhere.  better than snap-on, not even close.
I'd go on, but I already sound like a fanatic.  a bazillion times cheaper
than snap-on, too.

www.mytoolstore.com, look for facom ergotwist screwdrivers.  then call the
(800) number and ask for a catalog.  the guy there is way easy to deal
with and each time I've ordered I've been pleased.  the only problem is
the new catalogs are horrible compared to the old ones.  this is not his
fault, it's s-k/facom usa's fault.  they're trying to push the s-k line
over the facom line in the u.s. *and* they're taking the more typically
american approach to marketing (less information, more glitz).  doesn't
matter, the facom screwdrivers are still facom screwdrivers.  or look in
the griots garage catalog (really old griots catalogs are better, but last
year or so they started to include the hand tools again, on and off) to
see a sample of what's available.  mytoolstore.com is always cheaper,
sometimes a little, sometimes a lot, and they don't have a minimum order,
and he always seems genuinely happy to be making the sale.  really.  and I
say this as a certified old-fart-curmudgeon (ask my girlfriend, she'll
tell you...they had to let me in early).

anyhow, I *love* mine.  oh, and I don't sell, 'em, no connection, yada,
yada, etc.

scott