Re: lighting configuration

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: lighting configuration
From: JNiolon@uss.com
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 12:42:12 -0500
Jan

I use flourescent lighting exclusively in my shop   it's 25 x 25.  The back
wall has 16' of workbenches with 4 - two bulb fixtures over head .  The
garage is really two bays, I have an eight foot two bulb fixture centered
in each bay and one 8' across one bay just where the garage door stops.
(about 6' in from front wall).  I find that that is where I do most of my
work.  I also have a 4' 2 bulb over my grinder drill press area (on front
wall) and another 4' 2 bulb over my stacked parts cabinets in the back
corner (so I can read the labels on the drawers)  One incadescent drop
light spool is centered in the garage and with a 20 foot cord will reach
anywhere it needs to be.

I live in Alabama and temps frequently get below freezing... and garage is
unheated and will drop into 40s...  initially when starting the lights I
get a little flicker but that subsides in 3-5 minutes.  here's a crude
sketch of my lighting arrangement. I can sketch something better and email
to you if you want...  wish we could post pics here !

hope it helps....  john

| xxxx xxxx xxx xxxx        x    |        x = 4 foot lights
|                                          x    |        a - 8 foot lights
|         a                     a      x     |        d = drop light
|         a          d         a             |
|         a                     a             |
|      aaaa                               |
|                        xxxx                |