while we're talking about gas-discharge lights

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: while we're talking about gas-discharge lights
From: David Scheidt <dmschei@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 04:36:26 -0500
I recently bought a new spark plug firing tester.  This is a thing
that you hold near a spark plug or plug wire, and as  (and  if...)
the plug fires, a little
neon  light flashes.  I've had one for years, made by Lisle (and available from
car quest) which works fine.  But it's got a ground lead that has to
be clipped to something.  On a car that's not really a problem, but
on somethings it can be.  The one I've just got (At Wal-mart, $3 or
$4 bucks)  doesn't have that.
It's just a pen-shaped thing with a neon tubein it.  Hold it next to
the wire or
plug, and it flashes.

David