Re: computer chair

To: mbarre@juno.com, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: computer chair
From: Steve Shipley <shiples@attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 10:01:30 -0700
At 12:43 PM 9/2/2002 +0000, mbarre@juno.com wrote:

>Check this out!
>http://www.robotics.com/chair/
Interesting.....I want something like that for driving games.
I had envisioned a steel tubing structure reminiscent of
a 60's formula car rather than a 90's luxury car.

But the most interesting part is the comparison between
aluminum vs steel construction.
http://www.8020.net/peace/Aluminum.asp

They seem to think that fabrication of a basic steel frame
is 10x the labor of the "tinker toy".  And they also seem
to think there's a downside to all the tools needed for
steel.  I think that guy built one fiercely expensive chair.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Steve Shipley
Seattle, WA.
(Got my last two chairs outa a dumpster)