Re: Painting steel wheels?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Painting steel wheels?
From: Mike Sloane <msloane@att.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 07:05:20 -0400
Also take a look at this product - an underbody black chassis paint with a hard
glossy finish. <http://www.magnetpaints.com/underbody.asp> They will send you a
sample upon request.

Mike

Elton Clark wrote:
> Zynolyte "Rustmaster" epoxy "rattle can" paint is hard to find and pricey
> but worth the effort . . I've used it to paint tractor, trailer AND auto
> wheels for years . .    I've rolled a piece of
> 4" x 6' aluminum flashing into a cylinder sized to fit the rim edge and do a
> pretty good job of painting the cleaned and "scotch-brite" scrubbed wheels
> without dismounting the tires.  I HAVE learned to start with a very light
> "dusting" coat or two to prevent the solvents from wrinkling the original
> paint.
>
> Cheers,
> Tony

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
Email:(msloane@att.net)
Website: <http://www.geocities.com/mikesloane>
Tractor images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

"There are two different kinds of people in this world:
those who finish what they start..." --Brad Ramsey