Dishwashers (still no car stuff at all)

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dishwashers (still no car stuff at all)
From: <ken.landaiche@nokia.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 09:21:05 -0700
Well, if things are this slow, I won't feel bad about asking a slightly
off-topic question. :) (and I liked Tim's answer, too.)

My house uses a rather small septic system, so I have never gotten a dishwasher
because of the load I expect it would put on the leach lines. Now my wife wants
us to enter the 20th century.

The question: do dishwashers actually use more water than hand washing the same
dishes?

Ken