Fixing motar between stones

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Fixing motar between stones
From: Bill Gilroy <w.gilroy@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 18:31:08 -0400
Hello,

Sort of off topic, but this list is a wealth of knowledge.  The front
of my house has decorative stones.  When installing a new front door I
broke some of the mortar (cement?) between the stones and the door.  I
need to replace the mortar fill in the gaps between the stones and the
new door.  Some of them are big, about 2 inches.

Anyway I would like to get a close match in color and texture so I can
keep my wife happy.  The mortar is not that strong, and has lots of
big sand in it, sort of like beach sand.  I am not sure what I need to
buy, but I know it is not the stuff you use to set fence poles.  Any
advice?  Thanks.

--
Best regards,
 Bill                          mailto:w.gilroy@verizon.net