Re: [mill_drill] Making 12 ba nuts

To: mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, shop-talk@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: [mill_drill] Making 12 ba nuts
From: Derek <dereklola@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 05:53:10 -0700 (PDT)
This won't help you in your quest but I just had to respond to your
query.

You see I grew up on my grandfather's farm and spend many a childhood
hour straightening rusty nails so they could be reused. We never ever
threw away a washer and certainly not a nut or a bolt.

So 50 years later I thought I had passed a landmark when I started
automatically using new washers instead of cleaning used ones (they
only cost a penny or so) - and even became trash happy with any dubious
nyloc nuts (even though they might cost 10c).

But making your own nuts? Wow!

Do you make washers as well? - I assume they are easier.

Derek