Re: Pit stops and single nut wheels (was RE: Under the

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Pit stops and single nut wheels (was RE: Under the
From: Rush <jdrush@enter.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 00:53:07 -0400
Keith Kaplan wrote:

> Nope, they have to put the gun on each nut.

Some teams did experiment with a multi-socket gun that ran all the nuts
off and on at the same time back in the 80s. Proved to be more trouble
than it was worth. Another solution was a very deep socket that stored
all the nuts coming off and spit them back out like a salad shooter when
tightening the new wheel. Again more trouble than it is worth. The
current system of disposable nuts with new ones glued on the wheel work
very reliably. Those guys amaze me how quick they can place that gun.

Jon

--
Yes, I know my message date is sometime in April 2001. Welcome to
my own personal version of the film Groundhog Day!

Babe! I got you Babe!