Re: Cinder Blocks and Welding hose

To: eric@megageek.com, jmark.vanscoter@amd.com
Subject: Re: Cinder Blocks and Welding hose
From: Donald H Locker <dhl@chelseamsl.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2002 08:32:40 -0400 (EDT)
Hi, Inch.

Please remember to limit your acetylene consumption to 1/7 of your
cylinder volume per hour (75 cu.ft. cylinder -> 11 cfh) for safety.
If you exceed this number, you'll start pulling acetone out of the
cylinder along with the acetylene, and the remaining acetylene can go
unstable.  Or the acetone will destroy your regulator.  Either way,
it's bad bongos.

Rosebuds often draw huge quantities of gas -- the smallest I could
find (heating metal for casting) drew 25 cfh @ 5 psi.

Donald.