Re: Cinder Blocks and 2 new questions

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cinder Blocks and 2 new questions
From: "Eric Petrevich" <eric@megageek.com>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 16:38:02 -0400
You know, today I was running the bulldozer when the skid plate came
loose, got bent and needed to be removed.

I can lift up my dozer with the front blade and rear backhoe.  So I did
and guess what I used to hold it up?
That's right, 2 cinder blocks high on each corner of the tracks.

I was thinking of the irony of having the whole thing crushing me just
after I sided with the "never use them for jack stands crowd."  (which I
still believe in)

But, I used them "hole vertically" and I lowered the dozer on to them so
the hydraulics weren't being taxed.  Then I got on the machine and jumped
up and down (if they were going to fail, I wanted them to fail with me not
under it.)

But I was able to remove the skid plate fine without the machine even
filching.

But, this leads me to 2 new questions...

1-what do real shops use to hold up a dozer?  (timbers I'm guessing)

2-Where is a good place to get a long length of Ox/Ace hose?  (1/4 dia)  I
realized that the hose I have is small dia and it will not power my
"rosebud" tip. (needed to rebend the skid plate)

TIA.

Inch

PS, Anyone want a fairy new 3/16 25' hose?