RE: Diesel won't shut off

To: keithka@microsoft.com, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Diesel won't shut off
From: jmark.vanscoter@amd.com
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 13:34:51 -0500
Since a diesel is compression ignition, the only way to stop them is to either
cut off the fuel supply or the air supply. Needless to say, most system cut off
the fuel supply. Obviously, your fuel shutoff is not functioning. Don't know
where the valve is, I would suggest you check a service manual.

Mark V.S. in Austin, TX (not a diesel expert, but I have a Dodge/Cummins, an
International S-1954/DT466 and a White-GMC COE w/ an L10 and I think they all
sound GREAT!)