Ancient test gear

To: shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ancient test gear
From: Mike Sloane <msloane@att.net>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 09:52:46 -0400
I have collected various older automotive test gear to use with my old
tractors,
and last weekend I picked up an "Allen Electric & Equipment" Model E 1000
tester. It consists of a voltmeter for reading both low and high voltage,
vaccuum and pressure gauge, and a sort of tach with the ability to adjust the
ignition somehow. It is 110 volt powered and comes with a substitute radiator
cap with a post to hold the unit up in the air. It is complete with all leads
and adapter and seems to be operational, but the only instructions I have are
abbreviated ones printed on the back of the case.

I have been unable to locate Allen, although they were once a well known name
in
automotive testing.

If anyone can provide any assistance, it would be much appreciated. An image of
the tester can be found at
<http://public.fotki.com/mikesloane/tools__equipment/>

Thanks,

Mike

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
(msloane@att.net)
<http://www.geocities.com/mikesloane>

  "Be who you are and say what you feel because those
  who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

              Theodor Seuss Geisel, "Dr. Seuss"