Re: clothes washing machine

To: Dwade Reinsch <dreinsch@swbell.net>
Subject: Re: clothes washing machine
From: "Peter J. Thomas" <pjthomas@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 12:04:44 -0500
Dwade Reinsch wrote:

>I know this is a little off topic, but this is what is broken at my
>house this weekend.
>
>Our trusty washing machine (about 6-8 years old) has stopped spinning
>the clothes out dry enough on the last spin.  It has NOT completely
>stopped spinning and just listening to it, it seems to be going as fast
>as it ever has, but the clothes are quite a bit damper when they go to
>the dryer.  Enough damper that it takes an extra 30 minutes or so to dry
>them.
>
>Any suggestions?

Had a similar problem with an old machine.  The drain was clogged with
coins and papers that found their way out of the basket to the drain.
 The tub was not fully drained.  I pulled the basket and clean the
drain.  This fixed the problem.  Unfortunetly, the transmission, maybe
stressed by the extra load, died.

Peter Thomas