Air line quick-connects

To: Shop-Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Air line quick-connects
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 19:25:56 -0800
Hi All :

Any suggestions on what air line coupler is best ?  I'm currently using 1/4"
'Industrial Design' type connectors, with the brass 'push to connect'
couplers.  I believe they were good quality (definitely not the CH junk at
Home Depot) but after 15 years or so, they all leak pretty bad.  I'm not
sure of the brand, but they look very similar to the pictures in the MMC
catalog at
http://www.mcmaster.com/
for P/N 6534K26.

New sealing rings would probably fix them, but the ring is a rectangular
cross section that I have no idea where to buy.  Any suggestions ?

TIA
Randall