Re: Dryer Repair

To: schulte@odpemail.tamu.edu
Subject: Re: Dryer Repair
From: Donald H Locker <dhl@chelseamsl.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 19:22:25 -0500 (EST)
Assuming the dryer has an electric ignition (which I think is common
these days) start with the ignitor.  They have a limited lifetime.  I
have replaced the one in my dryer twice over the last fifteen years,
so 7 years sounds like about time.

As far as troubleshooting, look in the vicinity of the burner.  There
should be a red glow for a few seconds before the gas valve opens.  It
would have helped a lot to have looked in at it while it was working
correctly to know what to expect, but without any glow, you can't get
any fire.

Donald.