new toys

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: new toys
From: "Mark Sansouci" <msansouc@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 12:13:05 -0500
Greetings-
I have been lurking for quite some time and have learned quite a bit - now I
need some help.  Have a new house with currently inadequate shop space, but
I will get that fixed eventually....  My current problem, I was just the
successful bidder on a 1 Hp Powermatic vertical mill.  Cool new toy and and
I got it at good price (I think)  the problem?
Part of the deal was a Atlas 7" shaper.  What is there of the shaper is in
good shape, but its missing some major components - someone has removed the
Knee and the cross rail and the related bits.  Does anyone have any idea
where I can get major parts of a machine like this or a parts machine?  I
know atlas still stocks some parts for these but I suspect the parts cost
would exceed the value of the completed machine.  Is this thing a boat
anchor or is there hope?
Thanks in advance
Mark