RE: Air compressor fill times

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Air compressor fill times
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 00:31:30 -0800
Well, I used to know how to do this ... a cubic ft is 7.48 gallons, so your
60 gal tank is about 8 cf.  Atmospheric pressure is about 15 psi, so you've
got about 9 atm * 8 cf or roughly 72 scf.  Divide by 6.5 and your compressor
is producing about 11 cfm.

You'll have to compare that to the cfm rating, since compressor hp rating is
pretty much a meaningless number.  Or to put it another way, 11 scfm is
about normal for a CH 7hp, but an IR 7hp should produce over twice that much

Randall