Re: Spotweld cutters

To: <mikel@ichips.intel.com>
Subject: Re: Spotweld cutters
From: Drew Rogge <drew@pixar.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 09:47:14 -0800
I just thought I might add that the point of the whole operation
is to stop cutting once you've cut through the first layer of
sheetmetal. And that the layer you want to cut should be the one
which is going to be replaced. I there are more than 2 layers
welded together and the one to be replaces is in the middle
then I don't know what the best approach would be.

Also, thanks to everyone who replied. So far the results are
running pretty even so I don't know which one I'll try first.
It looks to me like one advantage the hole saw type cuttes might
have over the others is that they seem to have a longer reach.
This may be important in removing one of the pieces I'm replacing.

Drew

--
Drew Rogge
drew@pixar.com