Air questions again

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Air questions again
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 19:21:39 -0800
   I wanted to say Thank You to those of you who replied with suggestions
on silver soldering the copper pipe that I was going to install last
weekend.  I had some problems getting it hot enough for the silver without
blowing a hole through the pipe (oops, but only once).  It has been working
all week with no problems.  I used regular solder after about 8 feet from
the compressor and (are you sitting down?) for the first time in my
life...NO LEAKS in my air system.

   But (you knew I had to have a question) I noticed about 10 minutes ago
that one of my regulators is only rated for 150psi input and my compressor
puts out around 170psi.  My other regulators have 300psi input, this one
has a plastic water trap bowl on it and says 150 input.  I didn't notice
that before, it has been working for a week now with no problems.

   Should I worry and go buy another one or is there enough of a safety
factor built-in that I am ok ?

        mike

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing and  ~~~ .oooO  Oooo.  ~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                                   (    )  (     )
Bug Writer er...Programmer                \   )   (   /
      mikey@b2systems.com                  \_)  (_/