Re: Thread size for seat belt bolts?

To: shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Thread size for seat belt bolts?
From: David Cole <dgcole01@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 22:40:49 -0600
That is correct.  It is an oddball thread pitch.  Ford doesn't want anyone
messing with it.  A few years ago a replaced the floor pans in my 69
Mustang.  Had the same problem.  I wanted to use the original bolts with a
regular nut and flat washer.  No nut could be found.  The original floors
have a steel reinforcement plate welded to the underside of the floor.  The
threads are cut into the plate.  In the end I cut those plates off and tack
welded them to my new floors.  Looks all original now and I was able to
keep the original bolts.

Later,

David Cole