Re: auto flush and wash valves

To: <rufus@brain.mics.net>, <Paul.Mele@usermail.com>
Subject: Re: auto flush and wash valves
From: "Tim Mullen" <Tim.Mullen@trw.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 15:36:05 -0500
"David Scheidt" <rufus@brain.mics.net>

> What's wrong with a foot operated faucet?  I absolutely hate the
> IR switched faucets and things.

We have the stupid things at work.  Hate them.  Can't wash my glasses
as they won't turn on unless my hand is "in the zone", and as soon as I
move my hand - as in to wash my lens - they shut off.  And you can get
warm water (by turning them on and waiting 30 seconds) without sticking
hands under the faucet for the whole time - and then they cycle off in about
10 seconds.   Arguuuuuuhhhhh!!!!

I can see them in a highly public place (I have come into airport restrooms
where someone had turned on all the faucets and plugged the drains), but
at work???   We're all professionals in a (DOD) secure building!!

Ahh...  That feels better now...

By the way, automatic "flushing" is nothing new.  I've seen (at least) 50 year
old autoflush toilets in a public park.  They had a mechanism that held up the
seat about a half inch.  When you sat, the system was primed, and when you
got up, the flush was triggered as the seat raised the half inch...

Tim Mullen