Re: Drums of motor oil?

To: Chris Heerschap <Heerschap@kns.com>
Subject: Re: Drums of motor oil?
From: Scott Hall <sch8489@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 23:48:23 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 14 Jan 2002, Chris Heerschap wrote:

> Does anyone know if it is possible to buy Mobil 1 in any quantities
> larger than the 5 qt you can occasionally find?  I go through quite a
> bit, and was wondering if it is possible for a non-shop to get a larger
> amount.  I used to work at a shop, and they had oil in 55 gallon drums.
> I don't think I need *that* big, but a larger quantity than single
> quarts might be very convenient, and aside from the big initial price,
> might actually be more economical, both in better price per quart and
> lower waste.

if you find a source, post to the list, would you?  I did the same thing
about a year ago and couldn't find drums (both the 55 gal and the 33 (or
30, or somesuch)) that would work out too much cheaper than buying it by
the quart.  there's a distributor about a mile down the road that would
sell me the drums, but it ended up being about $.05/quart cheaper than a
megalowmart quart, which is only ~$.10/quart cheaper than the shop where I
get oil.  this was for dino oil, not synthetic.

anyhow, I don't know where you are and I doubt you're local, but I'd be
interested if you find a source and what they charge you.

scott