Re: Race car weight

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>, <w.farrington@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: Race car weight
From: "Tim Mullen" <Tim.Mullen@trw.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 17:22:22 -0500
"Wayne" <w.farrington@verizon.net> wrote:

> I need to get the GVW of my race car. I have two 300lb. capacity
> bathroom type scales to work with. What is the proper process to
> do this??

Depending on how accurate you need the weight, you might try taking
the car to the local dump/weigh station/etc.

Around here, when going to the local transfer station (dump) we have
the option of paying by the truckload, or the pound (usually truckload
is cheaper).  They have a scale that you drive onto and it weighs the
car to within 10 pounds.  They're pretty nice about it, so I've taken my
car in just to get weighed (for free)...

If it's on a trailer, maybe you could take two trips, one with the car on
the trailer, one without...

Tim Mullen