Re: Woo Hoo!!!!

To: Steve Budde <super_racenut@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Woo Hoo!!!!
From: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 09:54:11 -0800
On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 12:43:36PM -0600, Steve Budde wrote:

> Yea, I know there are 149 other channels but who cares, I'll only need
> them when the wife is home or SV is fixing a boat or something weird.
> Right now I'm enjoying my first vintage race from someplace in England
> called Goodwood.  Any recommendations for good viewing or do I just leave
> it on SV and hide the remote?  :^)

That's not a bad idea, although letting your wife watch Martha Stewart
or whatever she's into can be good for household harmony.

SV's got car stuff on most days, except a couple when it's boat
or plane stuff (yawn), and tuesdays which is motorcycles.

WRC is fun to watch.

They're showing a series of motorcycle speedway races recently, which
is pretty cool-- 4-rider heats on a 1/4 mile cinder oval on 70hp
methanol-burning bikes with no brakes.  They also showed some SCCA
championships recently... I'd thought that things like 914-6s and
TR4s were relegated to vintage racing now, but there seems to
be some classes in SCCA that're stuck in 1971 where these
cars are competitive.

Eric