Minnesota Earthquake

To: pethier@isd.net
Subject: Minnesota Earthquake
From: Gt6steve@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 14:31:24 EST
In a message dated 12/27/01 2:09:24 PM EST, pethier@isd.net writes:

<<
 >BTW, there has been a major earthquake in every state in the US ...

 What do you consider "major"?

 Please give me the date and the Rictor-scale numbers for the last "major"
earthquake
 in Minnesota. >>
According to the NEIC website your last "major" quake was in the Southern
region around Stevens County. Dated 7-9-75 at 14:54.  I'm not clear on the
coding they've used but it appears to have been a 4.29  Magnitude felt in
Iowa, North Dakota and South Dakota.  Caused minor damage to foundations and
basements.  You probably don't need to start storing water though ;-)  Steve
Smith, with way too much free time at work this week.