Re: Radio removal (should be flaming Wal Mart)

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Radio removal (should be flaming Wal Mart)
From: Matt <mattmahony@attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 17:32:12 -0800
Gerald Brazil wrote:

> Too bad you folks aren't privileged to live where there are Miejer's stores.
> It is an operation that knows how to run big stores.

Never heard of them. Glad to hear of someone haveing a positive experience.
I was in Sears this season looking for a dado blade for my Brother-in-Law.
The clerk was eager and helpful but he didn't know a dado from a dodo. He
appologozed and explained that he was just hired for Christmas and didn't really
know a lot about woodworking tools. Knew his way around the mechanics hand tools
but that was all.
So even the stores you expect to have knowledgeable sales people can fall down.
Got to give the kid credit though, for not trying to BS me. He went and found
someone who could get me what I wanted and it came out OK.
Had a similar experience about a year and a half ago when I needed a new bagger
assembly or my riding mower (Sears). The first couple of guys I talked to didn't
know jack about the options or accessories even though they were selling the
mowers. Finally got an old timer who sent me to the Parts/Service center.
Merry Christmas to all
Matt in Vancouver, Wa