Re: [lotus-cars] You Have to See This!

To: <lotus-cars@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [lotus-cars] You Have to See This!
From: "Elton Clark" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 14:34:32 -0600
----- Original Message -----
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>

>>> I am skeptical that this ( individual left and right brake pedals) is a
Porsche invention.  I have seen a lot of tractors over the years, some of
them clearly earlier than this 1957 model, and single-wheel brakes are very
common on them.  Comments, shop-talkers?<<<

Phil's right,  individual left and right "turning brakes" have been around
forever on tractors. . . they are vital to overcome the "understeer" induced
by having a plow or other implement engaged in the soil while attempting a
turn.  They're also very convenient whenever a sharp turn is desired or to
control wheel slippage.  I believe that some English "trials cars" had
"fiddle brakes" and I know that lots of dunebuggys use them as well.

Tony's_an_ex_tractor_peddler_@Sherman.Texas

///