colored oil

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: colored oil
From: JNiolon@uss.com
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 12:14:20 -0600
Old age is getting the best of me and my old eyes.  After changing the oil
in my new yard tractor, it's nearly impossible to tell where the clean oil
shows on the dipstick...  I also have this problem with my cars...  what
would be the harm in adding a bit of the colored two-cycle oil to the
crankcase to give the oil a shade of color to make it a little easier to
check ???

It's 30 wt oil and probably wouldn't take more than an ounce or so to color
the rest of the oil...  anyone tried this before ???

TIA

john

///